Chapter 1 discussions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1 discussions

Post by Greebs on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 pm

It's kind of late to ask... but should the Autumns among us be aware of who this chap who keeps calling us 'rookie' is?
Greebs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 am

If you take a bit to think about it! Make an intelligence+investigation or politics. Anyone not autumn only gets raw intelligence. It's hearsay few people talk about, except in house.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 am

Oh yeah, and for reference. After I applied his defense vs your grapple you missed, I wasn't ignoring you again. I'm not trying to be mean to you specifically, you are literally just interacting with the biggest asshole in that gathering atm. Sorry.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am

No worries. I figured not even an NPC would have defence 2 - especially one happy to thug other characters, and saw where the suxx fell. It's why I left the narration where I did.

Besides, it was a sound opportunity to put Molly on the Motley's radar as 'a good egg'.
Greebs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:08 pm

As before, I think it's appropriate for Sylus and Molly to respond before Ramona.

(*Takes a moment to identify and fight residual EOD impulses regarding OOC conversation*)

So yeah, this guy didn't drop the knife and he's just walking away? Unless something alters the landscape in the interim, Ramona's next post is likely to involve getting out her stun-gun and tazing, then restraining this guy. He's demonstrated that he cannot be trusted to use a knife responsibly, and that needs correction.
InvertedMonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Hooray "diplomatic incidents"!

Hooray for not being sure where to stand on that particular line...
Greebs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Which, amusingly, is likely what Molly would think as well.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:15 pm

While we all hedge our bets and wait for Mav, chucked some dice that might inform Molly's actions.

She dun' have a clue! lol!
Greebs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:15 pm

For the record, you guys aren't scene locked. If you want to run a glimpse or two while we work through this main scene, go ahead.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavspade on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Copy that.

Sorry for lack of posting on my end. Currently, given the scene not sure where to take Sylus so waiting to see where its going
Mavspade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 pm

No worries, I keep bottlenecking the activity. Everyone is currently watching the autumn camp.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

Working on my post, and I have a question about tone: in the posts setting the scene and also with Gideon we see some casual violence that the rest of the courts/Freeholders don't seem to be responding to. Is this 'normal' and as players we aren't settled enough yet to know/see that? Is it new after the conflict with the true fae?

I also wanted to double check how we're keeping track of glamour before I potentially use some.
Saeyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 pm

My takeaway is that the answer is yes and no.

For summer the answer for me is yes. Casual violence isn't a big deal, for a couple reasons. The first is that it's pretty much a military institution. The court is used to taking arms and training hard in the arts of killing and fighting. That said there is a point that is "too far" for polite company even in summer. So things like fistfights are ok, or playing with knives. It's not that some of the npcs aren't concerned with what he did, most did get weapons ready once they knew there was a problem. At the moment though, Ramona has him at gunpoint and he isn't aggressing.

The second reason counteracts one of the main reasons why we have such an aversion to casual violence. That's the threat of serious injury/death from even a fistfight. With ready access to goblin fruit, especially at an official event, the threat of lasting harm is low so people won't view it (in summer at least) as that big of a deal.

Mostly my takeaway from how I read summer stuff. If Gideon had done what he did at any other court he'd have been thrown in jail or out the door. It's only summer that has a relaxed attitude for casual violence. So those of you who aren't summer have had appropriate reactions since other courts are more reserved about it.
ST McDude
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification Smile
Saeyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top